My new passport is all shiny and weird.
- It has a kind of oversized creditcard glued into it which makes it an unbendable affair, awkward to carry in basically any pocket.
- The design (yes, passports too are designed!) features what look like horizontal prison bars which partly overlap my picture.
- On another page they printed an Andy Warhollish monotone print of my picture which isn't even remotely recognizable as me.
- They miniaturized my signature to a degree where even in Lilliput they'd be squinting to see something was there.
- Did i mention it's too shiny? My old passport frayed and aged nicely over the years, but this one will probably stay new and conspicuous forever.
Really, what will they think when i show up with this as id?
And i didn't even participate in the 'get a discount, get a biometrics passport now' test they were pushing so hard...